Updated COVID policy for Beth Israel:
- Masks shall be optional inside the building.
- Every adult (18 years old and older) must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and have waited for two weeks before being allowed to enter the temple building for worship services and related social activities. Vaccination status for members shall be on the honor system.
- Any non-affiliated guests attending in-person services must be coming with a member of the congregation or have made prior arrangements. Verification of immunization to COVID-19 shall be provided. These arrangements must be made in advance of the service.
- For purposes of attending worship services and oneg Shabbat activities, only those who are members of the congregation are permitted to enter the temple building once the service has begun, unless prior arrangements have been made. Any exceptions are at the discretion of the BIC Board of Trustees.
- Onegs and other food consumption is again allowed in the building.
The ad hoc worship committee will remain intact and meet as needed if the COVID pandemic should again become a threat to the congregation. The advice to remain at home and utilize our virtual services if a congregant feels ill remains in place.